Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Releasing Your Creativity Through Yoga and Art



Those of you who know me, know I am both a yogini and an artist. So, I am always interested to see how other yogi/artists are bringing my two favourite things together.

I found a GORGEOUS site today, from a Kundalini yogini (yogini, is a female yogi, if you didn't know already:-) and artist Hari Kirin Kaur Khalsa.
Link
Her site www.artandyoga.com is an amazing portal into her artwork, teaching as a Kundalini yoga teacher, and her workshops that combine art and yoga. She has workshops coming up at the Kripalu Center, in Lexox, MA (where I did my yoga certification training, and one of my favorite places on earth), and many other venues.



Check out her site for details, and find a new way to increase your creativity by taping into the focus, stillness and opening of inner intuition that yoga provides.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Sean Dahl said...

That kind of yoga you teach, what is it about. I have been taught just the basic Hatha Yoga styles. Now is that a painting you did at the opening of the Blog? How did you do it? I mean like Watercolors, or oil based? I am in the blissful Yoga group right now. And I can tell there is a lot more styles out there. I am excited to know more. There is always so much to know.